This page currently includes the schedule for our 2022-2023 Youth Season!
Our Season starts AUGUST 22, 2022.
Click on an item in the Table of Contents to be directed to the info you’re looking for.
2022-2023 Table of Contents
Click on an item below for more information:
Weekly Class Schedule
Creative Dance (ages 5-8)
Tuesdays 3:30PM-4:15PM with Heather Wilder
Fridays 4:00PM-5:00PM with Micha Scott
Fridays 5:00PM-6:00PM with Mercedes Ross
Saturdays 9:00AM-10:00AM with Chloe Rosen/Nicolette Hernandez-Kaempf
Hip Hop 1:
Saturdays 1:00PM-2:00PM with Eddie Standifer
Fridays 5:00PM-6:ooPM with Micha Scott
Fridays 4:00PM-5:00PM with Mercedes Ross
Company 1 (Invite only):
Fridays 6:00PM-6:45PM with Micha Scott
Saturdays 10:00AM-11:00AM with Chloe Rosen/Nicolette Hernandez-Kaempf
2022-2023 Season Start Date:
August 22, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Veteran’s Day: November 11th
Thanksgiving Break: November 23rd-26th
Winter Break: December 19th – January 3rd
(Classes resume January 4th, 2023)
President’s Day: February 20th
Spring Break: April 3rd-8th
May 20, 2023 (Tentative date)
Class Descriptions & Teaching Artist Bios
- Studio Director tracks attendance and tuition payments. Your card will be safely stored and charged automatically each month.
- Tuition is based on how many classes/week the dancer enrolls in. Tuition is charged monthly.
Tuition for the current month will be charged monthly on the 5th of each month.
Families registering in August won’t be charged again until October 5th.
- There is a $30 nonrefundable, one-time per year, per student Registration Fee applied to your initial purchase. SCOPE Students are required to pay Registration Fees.
- The second and following siblings will automatically receive 10% off each monthly autopay.
1 Class/Week: $70/month
2 Class/Week: $120/month
3 Class/Week: $165/month
4 Class/Week: $210/month
5 Class/Week: $255/month
6 Class/Week: $295/month
7 Class/Week: $325/month
8 Class/Week: $355/month
9+ Class/Week: $375/month
TWDCC Studio Policies
- Class sizes are limited! Enroll quickly, before space fills up.
- The first two classes that a dancer takes will be an assessment period for their teacher to ensure the class is the correct level for the dancer’s development. There is a possibility the dancer may be moved to a more appropriate level.
- Dropped classes will result in a pro-rated amount from the date you let us know the dancer is dropping the class (not retroactive).
- Monthly class charges include holidays and breaks (we pro-rate across the entire season, from August 2022 through May 2023, not for each class).
How to Register
For students who attended Spring 2021
OR New TWDCC students who have ALREADY received their class placement.
1. Click the big blue button link below and use these instructions to walk through registration.
If you don’t yet have a Studio Director profile with TWDCC, choose: “Click Here to Register” under “New to Tannery World Dance & Cultural Center?” OR for continuing students, log in with your login credentials and skip to STEP 5.
2. Fill out your contact information (Parent’s information).
Add all email addresses that you want to receive studio updates and news.
TIP: write down the email address and password that you enter here AND save it to your computer!
3. Fill out the Student’s Information.
4. Complete the waiver. Click “Accept”.
For parents registering more than one dancer, choose “Add another student to this Account,” then complete step 3, 4, and 5 for the 2nd and 3rd dancers.
5. Choose the orange “Enroll in A Class” button.
View the weekly class schedule. Click on the title of the classes you want to enroll in, then click “Yes” to accept the enrollment.
6. Scroll down to “Enroll in another class” to add more classes to your enrollment, or choose “Checkout” to finalize your enrollment.
Repeat for each dancer.
Remember: during the 2 week trial period, we may re-assign you to a class that’s a better fit.
7. After enrolling each dancer in all their classes, click the blue “CHECKOUT” button.
TIP: If you do not checkout and purchase within 24 hours, you will be notified via email that you were not enrolled in your classes, and you will need to re-enroll.
8. Review your classes.
Make sure you are enrolled in the classes you are eligible for and want to take. Click “Next.”
9. Click one the 3 lines in the top left corner.
Choose: “Edit Payment Info On File”.
10. Enter your payment method.
Choose: “Enter a New Payment method”
Choose: “Save” to review your payment information.
Your dancer and family registration is complete!
Students new to TWDCC
Welcome to TWDCC! We are excited to meet and dance with you.
Please fill out the “New Student Intake Form” by clicking on the button below. Micha Scott, TWDCC’s Artistic Director, will contact you in 1-2 business days with your class placement and registration instructions.
Supporting Creativity, Opportunity, Passion, and Excellence in Dance
Tannery World Dance & Cultural Center was founded on the principle that dance should be accessible to all. We believe that the arts, and specifically dance, provide an avenue for youth to experience discipline, confidence, and growth. SCOPEDance supports low-income and under-represented youth in Santa Cruz County. Our outreach program brings dance to as many children county-wide as possible.
SCOPE families are required to pay for costume and registration fees, as well as a monthly administrative fee. All SCOPE families will be informed of all costs with notice of their scholarship after submitting an application.
Families that have a need for partial or full assistance for tuition fill out our SCOPE application. Depending on availability and funding, we will contact you within 2 weeks of submitting your application for approval or to be placed on our waitlist.
- We follow the guidance for K-12 schools and summer camps from the California Department of Health, and will update our policies as CDC and CDH guidance changes. We have received direct guidance from the Schools + Youth Programs Liaison & Health Program Specialist in the SC County division of the California Dept. of Public Health’s Communicable Disease Unit. We are also adherent to the Tannery Campus protocol.
- We have the studio professionally cleaned every morning.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our studios. Masks are optional.
- All parents are required to sign a waiver that says dancers are not COVID positive, and we encourage anyone that has traveled to take a test in the appropriate amount of time after returning from travel.
- As per the guidance of Ca. Dept of Health’s Communicable Disease Unit, in the case of an exposure, TWDCC will require the COVID positive student, staff, or teacher to stay away from the studios for the mandatory 10-day period. We will notify all exposed dancers, staff, teachers, and any community members of the exposure. Vaccinated students who have been exposed will be allowed to return to class immediately while unvaccinated students are required to stay off TWDCC premises for 10 days, are encouraged to get tested and monitor their health for symptoms.
Please reach out to our office with any further questions.
Company members must take required classes in their Company invite and are able to take other pre-approved extra classes.
If you have not danced with us before, please fill out the New Student Intake form. Micha Scott, TWDCC Artistic Director, will contact you with registration instructions and a leveling assignment within 1-2 business days.
It’s all good.
Reset your password by following the instructions on the Log In page.
We understand if in the first few classes, you are still acquiring your dance gear. Please come prepared in clothes your dancer can move in, like a t-shirt and leggings.
We have a shoe bin with lightly used ballet and jazz shoes for young dancers to use/keep if the shoe fits. Please come early to class, and inquire about the shoe bin so we can try to find a pair that can work for your dancer.
All students taking Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, and Contemporary Jazz are required to wear a solid colored leotard or tank top & black leggings or tights/hair tightly pulled back in a bun, ponytail. Jazz requires jazz shoes, Modern, Contemporary and Contemporary Jazz require bare feet.
Ballet attire (Ballet 1-5 levels): Girls should wear a black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Boys should wear a white shirt, black leggings, and black ballet slippers.
Hip Hop dancers may wear shirt/tank top & sweatpants. Hip Hop 1/2 and 3/4 are barefoot, Teen Hip Hop requires clean sneakers.
TWDCC does not allow dancers to wear short shorts or midriff tops in class.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your monthly payment will be pro-rated from when you notify us of the drop.