We are thrilled to announce the reopening of our indoor weekly dance program.
This page includes all information pertaining to our 2021-2022 Youth Season!
Click on an item in the Table of Contents to be directed to the info you’re looking for.
2021-2022 Table of Contents
Click on an item below for more information:
You are either:
Already pre-approved for your classes in Studio Director
OR you need to fill out the New Student Intake Form below!
August 30, 2021 – May 21, 2022
Labor Day: September 6th
Veteran’s Day: November 11th
Thanksgiving Break: November 24th-27th
Winter Break: December 22nd-January 4th
President’s Day: February 21st
Spring Break: April 4th-9th
***This is subject to change! We will notify you if or when it does
Class Descriptions & Teaching Artist Bios
- Studio Director tracks attendance and tuition payments.Your card will be safely stored and charged automatically each month.
- Tuition is based on how many classes/week the dancer enrolls in. Tuition is charged monthly.
Tuition for the current month will be charged monthly on the 5th of each month.
Families registering in August won’t be charged again until October 5th.
- There is a $30 nonrefundable, one-time per year, per student Registration Fee applied to your initial purchase.
- The second and following siblings will automatically receive 10% off each monthly autopay.
1 Class/Week: $70/month
2 Class/Week: $120/month
3 Class/Week: $165/month
4 Class/Week: $210/month
5 Class/Week: $255/month
6 Class/Week: $295/month
7 Class/Week: $325/month
8+ Class/Week: $370/month
TWDCC Studio Policies
- Class sizes are limited! Enroll quickly, before space fills up.
- The first two classes that a dancer takes will be an assessment period for their teacher to ensure the class is the correct level for the dancer’s development. There is a possibility the dancer may be moved to a more appropriate level.
- Families will receive class credit on their Studio Director account for any classes cancelled due to COVID.
- Dropped classes will result in a pro-rated amount from the date you let us know the dancer is dropping the class (not retroactive).
- Monthly class charges include holidays and breaks.
How to Register
For students who attended Spring 2021
OR New TWDCC students who have ALREADY received their class placement.
1. Click the big blue button link below and use these instructions to walk through registration.
If you don’t yet have a Studio Director profile with TWDCC, choose:
“Click Here to Register” under “New to Tannery World Dance & Cultural Center?”
OR for continuing students, log in with your login credentials and skip to STEP 5.
2. Fill out your contact information (Parent’s information).
TIP: write down the email address and password that you enter here AND save it to your computer!
3. Fill out the Student’s Information.
4. Complete the waiver. Click “Accept”
For parents registering more than one dancer, choose “Add another student to this Account,” then complete step 3, 4, and 5 for the 2nd and 3rd dancers.
5. Choose the orange “Enroll in my Pre-approved classes” button.
View the classes you are pre-approved to enroll in. These classes are ALL the available classes you can take at TWDCC.
Check the box on the right of the classes you WANT to enroll in; keep the box unchecked if you DON’T want to enroll in the class.
Repeat for each dancer.
Remember: during the 2 week trial period, we may re-assign you to a class that’s a better fit!
6. After enrolling each dancer in all their classes, click the blue “CHECKOUT”.
TIP: If you do not check out within 24 hours, you will be notified via email that you were not enrolled in your classes, and you will need to re-enroll.
7. Review your classes.
Make sure you are enrolled in the classes you are eligible for and want to take. Click “Next.”
8. Click one the 3 lines in the top left corner.
Choose: “Edit Payment Info On File”.
9. Enter your payment method.
Choose: “Enter a New Payment method”
Choose: “Yes, sign me up for Autopay” so you don’t need to enter your payment method again.
Choose: “Save” to review your payment information.
Your dancer and family registration is complete!
Students new to TWDCC
Welcome to TWDCC! We are excited to meet and dance with you.
Please fill out the “New Student Intake Form” by clicking on the button below. Micha Scott, TWDCC’s Artistic Director, will contact you in 1-2 business days with your class placement and registration instructions.
SANTA CRUZ OUTREACH, PERFORMANCE, & ENRICHMENT:
Through the Art of Dance
Tannery World Dance & Cultural Center was founded on the principle that dance should be accessible to all. We believe that the arts, and specifically dance, provide an avenue for youth to experience discipline, confidence, and growth. SCOPEDance supports low-income and under-represented youth in Santa Cruz County. Our outreach program brings dance to as many children county-wide as possible.
Families that have a need for partial or full assistance for tuition fill out our SCOPE application. Depending on availability and funding, we will contact you within 2 weeks of submitting your application for approval or to be placed on our waitlist.
- We follow the guidance for K-12 schools and summer camps from the California Department of Health, and will update our policies as CDC and CDH guidance changes. We have received direct guidance from the Schools + Youth Programs Liaison & Health Program Specialist in the SC County division of the California Dept. of Public Health’s Communicable Disease Unit. We are also adherent to the Tannery Campus protocol.
- We have the studio professionally cleaned every morning.
- Dancers, staff, and teachers are temperature checked prior to entering the studio each day. Hand sanitizer is administered then and available throughout the day.
- Dancers, staff, and teachers are required to wear masks whenever they are inside studios or bathrooms. Masks can be taken off while outside.
- All parents are required to sign a waiver that says dancers are not COVID positive, and we encourage anyone that has traveled to take a test in the appropriate amount of time after returning from travel.
- As per the guidance of Ca. Dept of Health’s Communicable Disease Unit, in the case of an exposure, TWDCC will require the COVID positive student, staff, or teacher to stay away from the studios for the mandatory 10-day period. We will notify all exposed dancers, staff, teachers, and any community members of the exposure. Vaccinated students who have been exposed will be allowed to return to class immediately while unvaccinated students are required to stay off TWDCC premises for 10 days, are encouraged to get tested and monitor their health for symptoms. Unvaccinated dancers who are not able to attend class will be given the option to participate via Zoom.
- As per the CA Department of Health K-12 guidance, students who receive a COVID exposure notice at school should refrain from extracurricular or community activities for 7 days (even if that student is allowed back at school with certain restrictions or a negative test), and may return to TWDCC after 7 days if they produce a negative COVID test after Day 5 from the date of last exposure.
Please reach out to our office with any further questions.
If you attended youth classes at TWDCC during Spring 2021, we have pre-approved classes you are eligible to take. Log in to Studio Director, click the three lines in the top corner, then choose “Enroll in my Pre-approved classes,” click the “Enroll” checkbox on the right side, and follow the directions from there to checkout.
Company members must take required classes in their Company invite and are able to take other pre-approved extra classes.
If you have not danced with us before, please fill out the New Student Intake form. Micha Scott, TWDCC Artistic Director, will contact you with registration instructions and a leveling assignment within 1-2 business days.
It’s all good.
Reset your password by following the instructions on the Log In page.
We understand if in the first few classes, you are still acquiring your dance gear. Please come prepared in clothes your dancer can move in, like a t-shirt and leggings.
We have a shoe bin with lightly used ballet and jazz shoes for young dancers to use/keep if the shoe fits. Please come early to class, and inquire about the shoe bin so we can try to find a pair that can work for your dancer.
All students taking Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, and Contemporary Jazz are required to wear a solid colored leotard or tank top & black leggings or tights/hair tightly pulled back in a bun, ponytail. Jazz requires jazz shoes, Modern, Contemporary and Contemporary Jazz require bare feet.
Ballet attire (Ballet 1-5 levels): Girls should wear a black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Boys should wear a white shirt, black leggings, and black ballet slippers.
Hip Hop dancers may wear shirt/tank top & sweatpants. Hip Hop 1/2 and 3/4 are barefoot, Teen Hip Hop requires clean sneakers.
TWDCC does not allow dancers to wear short shorts or midriff tops in class.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your monthly payment will be pro-rated from when you notify us of the drop.