DANCEArts SUMMER CAMP 2020
Explore the world through the DanceArts @ TWDCC Camps this Summer! Tannery World Dance & Cultural Center’s DanceArts Camps are a well rounded exploration of world cultures through dance, creative learning, art, and FUN! This year TWDCC offers three week-long camps: Afro- Caribbean, India, and West Africa. TWDCC’s Artistic Director, Micha Scott leads campers through a weeklong study of creative technique, improvisation, and choreography. Campers learn from dynamic special guest artists from around the world and explore the country from where their traditional dances were created. A truly creative dance camp for the world explorers! Register for 1 week, register for 2 weeks to mix & match, or register for all 3 weeks.
WHO: Ages: 5-10yrs
Monday-Friday / 9:00AM-2:00PM
WHEN: 3 WEEKS OF CAMP
JUNE 22nd – 26th: AFRO-CARIBBEAN w/ N’Jelle Gage Thorne
JULY 27TH – JULY 31ST: INDIA w/ Antara Bhardwaj
AUGUST 3RD – 7TH: WEST AFRICA w/ Manjou Kone
COST: $325 PER WEEK / ALL 3 WEEKS: BULK DISCOUNT ($780)
REGISTER BEFORE APRIL 1ST AND RECEIVE 20% OFF WEEKLY PRICE
Camps fill FAST! Early Registration advised. Opens March 1st
Each week of camp explores a country and its culture through dance. Children begin each day with activities and games that encourage group participation and fun, while allowing each child to express themselves and SHINE! Campers spend their first hour each day working on their weekly crafts; From mask making to making beats, students have a hands-on experience while exploring a new part of the world. Dancers then have their first dance class of the day, a Modern dance class taught by professional dancer Micha Scott. These classes teach basic dance technique in a fun, creative, and energetic atmosphere. Lessons include floor and standing warm up, as well as progressions through the dance space. Dancers will have the chance to become movement inventors through the use of structured improvisation, as well as learning set choreography. Campers then head over to the Ebb and Flow Mosaic park, (adjacent to the Arts Council offices) to roar like lions, chirp like birds, have some lunch, and relax. By early afternoon, DanceArts camp is visited by our guest teaching artist of the week. The campers have an opportunity to learn from world artists who have spent their lives studying and performing their work. The artists teach students movement, where the dance comes from, how it is danced traditionally, and choreography the students perform at the end of the week for family and friends. At the end of each week on Friday, campers showcase all that they have learned with a “mini show” for families and friends between 1:30-2PM. We encourage parents to come out and see what amazing work the campers and artists can accomplish in one week!
For info on Registering your child in our classes, follow these instructions:
1. Click HERE to visit our online enrollment system.
2. If you already have an account with TWDCC, log in to your account and skip to step 4.
3. If you are new to TWDCC, make an account with your child’s name, but please use your phone number and email address. Add your payment information by clicking “Edit” in the top right corner of the center column of your “Profile.”
4. Navigate to the tab in the top right that says “Online Contracts.”
5. Choose the contract that suits the number of classes your child will take or the Company number they’re in. Click “Make Purchase,” then “Checkout.”
6. Once the contract is purchased, you may navigate to the “Enroll Here” tab. Click on and enroll in the Summer Classes your child will take. (If a message pops up that says “Before enrolling your child, you must first purchase a contract,” it’s likely that the contract wasn’t all the way purchased or that you purchased the incorrect contract. Have no fear, email us and we will correct it.)
9. Navigate to the “Log In/Create Account” Tab. Navigate to “My Schedule” to ensure you’ve signed up for the correct Summer Classes. If you see all the classes you signed up for, you’re good to go.