Community Resources

Santa Cruz County has more than $16M available in rent relief. Apply through the State’s Housing is Key program here. You can apply either as a landlord or a tenant.

Communities Organized for Power in Action (COPA), Community Bridges, the United Way, Families in Transition and the Community Action Board are helping people to fill out the application for rent relief. They have a workshop TONIGHT, Tuesday from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Pre-registration is required here. Even if you miss tonight’s event, this form is helpful in letting these organizations know that you need help with the process.

Californians Can Arrange an In-Home Vaccination or Transportation to a Vaccine Site!

Californians Can Arrange an In-Home Vaccination or Transportation to a Vaccine Site!

California residents can now request in-home vaccinations and/or transit assistance to get vaccinated by registering at MyTurn.‍ca.‍gov or by calling the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) COVID-19 Call Center at 1-833-422-4255. Currently, CDPH does not require medical documentation to request in-home vaccination. No one will ask you about your immigration status. Transportation can be requested for next day appointments. Unfortunately, transportation for same-day appointments is not available.

Here’s how you can arrange an in-home vaccination or transportation to a vaccine site:

1. Call the CDPH COVID-19 Call Center at 1-833-422-4255
If you need transportation, the CDPH Call Center:

  • Can assist with booking medical transportation for individuals who need specialized assistance to get to their vaccine appointments;
  • Can schedule and arrange non-medical transportation for any California resident who needs assistance getting to their vaccine appointments.
  • If you need an in-home vaccination, the CDPH Call Center will confirm the need for in-home vaccination and gather relevant information (address, number of people in the household needing vaccinations, etc.) and share it with your Local Health Jurisdiction (the agency that provides public health services in your city or county).

Your Local Health Jurisdiction will create a “Walk-in” clinic appointment for you using the My Turn portal.
If necessary, your participating local health agency will then request ambulance assistance through the Medical and Health Operational Area Coordinator and the Emergency Medical Services Authority to coordinate and administer the vaccination(s) to you at your home.

2. Register Online Using
Below is a step-by-step guide using screenshots from the My Turn website,
STEP ONE: Click the “Start Here” button to fill out the required questionnaire. 
STEP TWO:  After submitting the appropriate answers for your age, and the county you live and work in, click “yes” at the prompt that reads, “I need help with transportation to the vaccine clinic, or I need a home appointment because I am unable to leave home due to limited mobility or frail health. Note: Someone will call you to help schedule transportation or home appointment” as shown in the screenshot below.
STEP THREE: The next screenshot below asks, “Need help traveling to a COVID-19 vaccine clinic or arranging a home appointment? Help is available at My Turn for people who require assistance. We can assist in scheduling an appointment for the vaccine and arranging transportation to a clinic near you. Or we will help schedule an at-home vaccination due to health or mobility issues. Simply check the box below, enter the requested information and click ‘Register.’ Someone will call you to schedule your vaccine.”
Click on the box that reads, “I would like to register for updates or receive a call to help arrange a home/travel appointment.” Enter the requested information and click “Register” to ask for travel assistance to a Covid-19 vaccine clinic or to arrange a home appointment.
STEP FOUR: After you register a representative from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) will call you to talk about transportation or in-home vaccination, and to schedule a date and time for you to receive your vaccine.

Californians Can Arrange an In-Home Vaccination or Transportation to a Vaccine Site!


·         Santa Cruz County is currently in the Yellow Tier with most indoor business operations open with modifications. On June 15th, California capacity and distancing restrictions will be lifted for most businesses and activities.

COVID-19 Vaccine:

Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible. 

Local Vaccine Information including how to schedule an appointment.

Vaccination Scheduling Assistance Help Lines:

§  Call Community Action Board 831-440-3556.
Help provided in English, Spanish, Mixteco and Triqui. 

§  Bilingual Helpline Call Community Bridges 831-219-8607

§  Assistance in Watsonville: 

·         Call 831-768-3279 

·         Visit the Main Library 275 Main St., Suite 100 Watsonville, CA 95076 Monday – Friday 12pm – 6pm 

Individuals who are homebound can fill out this survey to get the vaccine or call Community Bridges 831-219-8607 for help filling out the survey. 

Share the latest Bilingual COVID-19 Safety and Vaccine Messaging by the Save Lives Pajaro Valley Group 

Share the latest videos for youth by youth featuring Lupita Rojas from FoodWhat?! :

§  How to sign up to get vaccinated

§  What it’s like to get vaccinated. 

State Eviction Moratorium and Rental Assistance 

o    State Eviction Moratorium is extended to June 30 2021 as long as you:

§  Turn in a Tenant Declaration Forms 

§  Pay 25% of rent owed since Sept 2020 by June 30

Apply for CA COVID-19 Rent & Utility Relief
This is for rent owed to your landlord or utility companies due to COVID-19 impacts. Please see attached flyers for who to contact by location. Or text “RENT” to 211-211 

§  Visit the website to apply or call local resource centers for assistance applying: 

In South County Call:

o    Community Action Board 831-778-4535

o    Families in Transition 831-740-2947

In Mid and North County:

o    Community Bridges in Live Oak 831-476-7284

o    Community Bridges in Beach Flats 831-423-5747 ext 13

o    Community Bridges in San Lorenzo Valley 831-335-6600

Financial/ Rental Assistance:

o    Learn more about rental, financial, and basic needs assistance you may qualify for at your local resource center: Community BridgesCommunity Action BoardCatholic CharitiesValley Churches United

FEMA is now taking applications to help cover funeral costs due to COVID, regardless of immigration status.Call 844-684-6333

Get help paying for PG&E Bills through the Home Energy Assistance Program.Call 1-888-728-3637 to learn more. 

Housing for Harvest:
Support for farmworkers or food processing workers who have COVID-19 to safely isolate. May include free temporary hotel housing, help with groceries, transportation, medical checks, and isolation incentive of $500. Call 831-454-4242


·         Fire Survivor Resource Guide for June is attached & here

·         Community Relief Events Every Saturday in June 2-5PM:

o    June 5 Davenport: Pacific Elementary 50 Ocean Avenue, Davenport

o    June 12 Boulder Creek: Bear Creek 15685 Forest Hill Dr, Boulder Creek

o    June 19 Bonny Doon Elementary 1492 Pine Flat Road Bonny Doon

o    June 26 Boulder Creek: Bear Creek 15685 Forest Hill Dr, Boulder Creek
Find more events for fire survivors here 

Long Term Recovery Group Resources:
If you need assistance in recovering from the CZU August Lightning Complex Fire email to be connected with a disaster case manager. Disaster case managers can help you return to safe and secure housing by connecting you with available resources, assisting in advocacy and appeals, and creating an attainable recovery plan with you. 

Santa Cruz County Fire Recovery: all the latest info including Debris RemovalThe Recovery Permit Center Events2-1-1 Fire Resources & Latest News

Skip to content